A drain cleaner is an effective way of keeping your drains, pipes, and septic tank blockage-free. The slower enzymatic-based drain cleaners remove the clog quickly, and it is eco-friendly.
Nobody likes a clogged drain, especially in your bathtub, shower, and sink faucet. The clogs make your tub hard to use and fill your bathtub with unpleasant debris. That’s why you need to clean a clogged drain as soon as you spot it. A heavy-duty drain cleaner is required in order to clean your clogged bathtub.
But it will be challenging to find the best bathtub cleaner because there are lots of companies that make the same items. You feel confused, which is suitable for your bathtub.
Here in our article, we will discuss the best drain cleaner and provide guidelines that will help you to choose the right bathtub cleaner for you.
5 Best Bathtub Drain Cleaner Comparison Chart 
5 Best Bathtub Drain Cleaner Reviews
1. Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver– Best Drain Cleaner For Tub
The Green Gobbler drain cleaner includes a dual-chambered bottle that allows pouring one at a time, so no measuring is required.
This will gobble it up and have your water running smoothly in no time. It is biodegradable, and it follows the Environmental Protection rule.
This particular model contains the most potent ultra-dense enzymatic formula that is heavier than water as well.
It can rapidly dissolve hair, soap scum, fats, sludge, toilet paper, baby wipes, and feminine products. This cleaner is safe for any household pipes or drainage systems.
The Green gobbler drain cleaner is the perfect choice for toilets, sinks, tubs, toilets, showers, and septic systems.
This is the best drain cleaner for shower. These are a loaded no-mess-no-fuss approach to drain cleaning, and is non-irritating to the skin. Allows the solution to sit for 2 hours or overnight for better results.
- Non-corrosive and non-irritating to human skin or plumbing system
- Efficient in unblocking partially clogged drains
- Fast-acting and powerful formula
- Comes With Two pre-measured Applications
- An ideal choice for toilets, sinks, tubs, toilets, showers and septic systems
- Liquifies any drain obstructions caused by fats, oils, lint, and hair
- rapid hair dissolve technology works on contact
- Item Weight: 2 pounds
- best drain cleaner for toilets
- Reasonable price
- Safe and less caustic
- suitable for tubs and sinks
- Bio-degradable cleaner
- Dual chambered, hence easy to measure
- Environmentally friendly
- Non-irritating to skin
- best drain cleaner for toilet
- it does not work well on severely clogged drains
- Not harsh enough for significant blockages
2. Green Gobbler Ultimate Main Drain Opener– Best drain cleaner for mainline
The Green Gobbler instant power drain cleaner is specially designed for Main Drain Lines. Green Gobbler offers a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee. This odorless formula is non-flammable and doesn’t cause skin irritation.
This is an enzymatic cleaner, which is a great solution for a clogged toilet as well as sinks and shower drains. It is eco-friendly as well as suitable for bathrooms, bathtubs, and safe for septic systems.
It dissolves grease, hair, paper, soap scum, oils, and organic matter easily. It does not come with a pre-measured setup of the other Green Gobbler solution.
This particular model prevents clogs when your fixtures are draining slowly, and you’ll be fine using it. These drain cleaner does not damage pipes and fixtures. It reduces your plumber cost. This is the best drain cleaner available on the market.
- High-Density Solution Alters The PH Of Clogs To Break Them Down
- Formula alters the pH level to dissolve the obstruction rapidly
- Dissolves grease, hair, paper, soap scum, oils, and organic matter easily
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Perfect choice for Main Lines, Sinks, Tubs, Toilets, Showers, Kitchen Sinks
- Powerful and safe
- Non-corrosive and won’t damage pipes
- Free of odor and non-flammable
- Great for toilets, bathtubs and safe for septic systems
- Easy to use
- Handles pretty much any clog water can still pass.
- Only Works Well With Hot Water
- Has trouble with complete blockages
The Drano Max Clog Remover is a multi-tasked drain cleaner. It is suitable to use in almost all drain types, including sink, garbage disposals, and kitchen.
It is the best drain cleaner for PVC pipes. You can also use it all kinds of tubes in both commercial and residential areas.
This particular model includes some active ingredients that will break down all drain clogs with ease. It even helps to unclog complete drain blockages such as kitchen clogs and hair-clogs in shower drains in only 15 minutes. It has a significant clog removing power.
It comes in the gel formula and works fast. This reliable cleaner has added chemicals that help it to provide the right amount of power to dissolve clogs without damaging pipes and plumbing fixtures. It is not suitable to prevent toilet clogs.
- Item weight: 6.38 pounds
- Caustic Drain Cleaner
- Heavy-Duty Cleaning Task
- Works With Standing Water
- Comes In Several Multi-Pack Sizes
- Fast-acting: works in just 15 minutes
- Maximum pro-strength thick bleach formula
- Can be left in the drain overnight
- Sodium Hypochlorite,
- Sodium Hydroxide,
- Sodium Silicate
- Proprietary Surfactant Blend,
- Perfect cleaner for Shower or Sink Drains
- Unclogs and Removes Hair, Soap Scum, Blockages
- Septic Safe
- Best drain cleaner for old pipes
- It contains ingredients to protect pipes from corrosion
- Non-toxic and cheap cleaner
- Suitable for partial or total clogs
- Won’t corrode plumbing system including PVC & metal pipes
- Will protect metal surfaces corrosion and rust.
- Not suitable for toilets
The Bio-clean Bathtub drain cleaner is the perfect choice for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet, portable toilets.
It is a combination of natural bacteria and enzymes formulated specially to digest dead organic waste found in your plumbing system.
This is the right product that can remove the grease, hair, soap scum, food particles, paper, and cotton that are plugging your drain lines.
Bio-Clean drain cleaner does not produce heat, fumes, or boiling like dangerous chemicals. It is entirely safe for people, plumbing systems, septic tanks, and the environment.
This toilet drain cleaner is 100 percent natural as well consists of bacteria that can help clear drains and assist with septic tank backups. It reduces the waste in the drainage pipes from all directions.
It is suitable to use on clogged or blocked drains, bathtubs, grease traps, laundry drains in your house, restaurants, industrial areas, or educational institutions.
- Enzyme Drain Cleaner Type
- Light Cleaning Task
- Natural Bacteria And Enzymes Digest Dead Material
- Single Container Can Be Used Up To 100 Times
- Enzymes break down the clogging material on contact
- Removes grease, hair, soap scum, food particles, paper and cotton
- Can be used in the kitchen, bathroom, toilet, portable toilets
- ASIN: B001N09KN4
- Best drain cleaner for kitchen sink
- Safe for people, plumbing systems, septic tanks, and the environment
- Does not produce heat, fumes or boiling
- Ideal for grease, hair, soap scum, food particles, paper, cotton
- Fast-acting powerful cleaner
- Environmentally safe
- Not very effective at removing non-organic waste
- it takes a longer time to work for the more massive clog
5. XIONLAB Safer Drain Clog Remover – Industrial-Strength Liquid Drain Cleaner for Hair & Grease
The XIONLAB Safer Drain Clog Remover is an excellent choice for hair or grease clogs. It offers a septic-safe bathtub drain, and it is eco-friendly.
This cleaner is odorless and doesn’t leave behind harsh chemical fumes like some other cleaners.
This particular model offers a balance between fast-acting acid-based and slow enzymatic-based cleaning.
Xionlab safer drain cleaner is a perfect solution for both the kitchen and bathroom since it handles both hair and grease quite readily.
This fast-acting drain opener is a powerful, safe solution for a slow-moving drain line. It provides a quick or instant solution for a drain that is completely stopped up.
This item uses a non-toxic industrial-strength hydroxide formulation liquid.
This toilet drain cleaner is easy to use, and the reliable gel will remove obstructions that are caused by fat, oils, grease, soap scum, lint, long hair.
- Gel formula works quickly and clings to the blockage
- Ideal for Bathroom Sink, Bath Tub, Shower Drain
- ASIN: B01LP5QRJQ
- Item Weight: 2.55 pounds
- Medium Cleaning Task
- Non-flammable and non-corrosive
- best toilet clog remover
- Safe for plumbing and septic tanks
- Biodegradable, Odorless
- Safe to use
- Suitable for Hair and Grease and Septic Safe
- Not suitable for complete obstructions
- Not ideal for paper blockages
Prepare Yourself Before Using the Product
Drain cleaners provide power to dissolves grease, hair, paper, soap scum, oils, and organic matter.
It does not discriminate between a person’s skin or the drain’s clog. You must protect yourself before opening the product. You should use rubber gloves, slip-on safety goggles, and consider a face mask.
The gloves protect your hands from any harmful cleaner exposure. The goggles keep the cleaner protect your eyes.
The face mask isn’t always necessary, and sensitive people should seriously consider its use. Drain cleaners are incredibly acidic, and they can be harmful to any exposure.
Follow the Instructions
There are some general instructions for cleaner use
- At first remove cleaner cap
- Then allotted amount directly into the drain
- You don’t run the sink faucet for up to 60 minutes
- At last, rinse the cleaner down the drain with hot or cold water
Carefully handle the bottle and don’t shake or squeeze it too hard. When the cap is safely back on the bottle, you remove your safety items.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How to unclog a sewer line by using chemicals?
It is a typical case that the sewer line gets clogged. Below some steps that will help you to unclog a sewer with chemicals:
- Firstly lower down the pressure and make sure to remove the cap, enabling any water that has been stuck to drain.
- Then pour down the substances. It is quite easy, you flush chemicals down the toilet and wait until it’s unclogged. To solve this common problem, choose the best chemicals that are used for unclogging the sewer line.
How to clear a mainline blockage
To clean the mainline blockage, please follow these steps:
- At first, Loosen the Drain Pipe Cap
- Remove the Cap, and Allow Build-Up to Drain
- Now Insert Plumbing Snake into Pipe
- Then Allow Plumbing Snake to Run Until Clog Is Gone
- And finally, clean up if you are done this process.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Bathtub or kitchen drains can become clogged for any number of reasons. A clogged bathtub’s most common issues are knotted up hair, which tends to settle into drains and block water flow. Soap particles can also cause a clog, mostly if they can solidify in between fine strands. The mineral deposits can also contribute to draining clogs.
What Is an Acid Drain Cleaner?
Most drain cleaners use acid to eat through any materials that can be clogging up your drain. Many use sulfuric acid that makes them ideal for working through clogs that other methods cannot resolve. An acid drain cleaner must be used carefully, as it can dangerously mix with some different types of cleaners.
How much does professional drain cleaning cost?
It will differ from plumber to plumber, especially if your clog turns out to be more complicated. But most plumbers take a flat rate between $50 and $100 for essential unclogging services.
Is Drano cleaner terrible for your pipes?
Drano, as a cleaning solution for a bathtub drain clog, you are not likely to cause any damage to your pipes. If your bathtub is connected to PVC pipes, they should react slightly and degrade more rapidly. It is also true for most metal piping types, which may deteriorate and crack if they are routinely exposed to strong acids or bases.
The drain cleaner is used to tackle your clogged bathtub drain once and for all. You need a powerful drain cleaner that fits your needs and prevents your pipes from coming to any hard.
We think Green Gobbler Drain Clog Dissolver is the best Bathtub drain cleaner available on the market. Find one with an affordable price tag
We like it because it comes with liquid drain clearing as well as offers an affordable price. It is a safe and chemical-free solution that delivers an impressive drain cleaning performance.